Are you suffering from a serious case of wanderlust? If so, the only cure is to pack your bags and get on the road to somewhere exciting. Whether it’s a two-week beach break or year-long backpacking adventure is up to you.
If you’re experiencing more than three of the following symptoms, it’s time to book your next trip ASAP!
1. You spend way too much time staring at travel Instagrams
Seriously. You follow more travel accounts than you do actual people.
2. Work is becoming more unbearable than usual
The number of times you press ‘snooze’ on your alarm has increased significantly and your capacity for chit chat with your unexciting colleagues has decreased significantly.
3. Happy hour at your place is becoming a thing
You’ve taken to making your own pina Coladas at home. Alone. And sometimes you play generic island music while doing so.
4. You eye tourists in your own city with envy
Damn their annoying wheelie suitcases and carefree attitudes.
5. You’re starting to crave trashy beach reads
You bitched about Twilight and Fifty Shades, but now they don’t seem so bad.
6. Your search for flight deals obsessively
To places that you have no immediate plans to visit.
7. Owning furniture starts feeling claustrophobic
And so does everything do to with having a home. Why own all of these pots and pans when you could buy a taco from a van on the street in Mexico?
8. Your reggae playlist is getting way too much airtime
Bob Marley is great, but playing his greatest hits on repeat is one step too far.
9. You can’t stop yourself from comparing things at home to things overseas
The pizza is better in Italy, everything is twenty times cheaper in South-East Asia, you don’t have to be on time in Central America. We know.
10. People are annoying you more than usual
Especially cheerful people.
11. Even your comfortable bed is annoying you
Why can’t you be sleeping on an overnight train through India instead?
12. Every day feels the same
Sleep. Eat. Work. Repeat.
13. Sunday nights are almost too much to bear
The realization that the weekend is over hits you harder than usual these days.
14. Your reading pile consists solely of Lonely Planet guidebooks
No harm in reading up on those places you’re not going to, right?
15. You’re in a perpetual state of extreme nostalgia for your previous vacations
Seeing the old photos on Facebook hurts your heart, but you can’t stop looking.
16. You steer all conversations toward travel-related topics
The ability to move a discussion from economic policy to tropical islands in one leap is one of your best talents.
17. Listening to other people’s travel stories is both infuriating and fascinating
You want to stop listening, but you just can’t.
18. Your friends have gently suggested that you may be put on some fake tan
Being this pale can only be fixed with at least a week of non-stop beach time.
19. Travel bloggers upset you
Why are they getting paid to travel and you aren’t?!
20. Nothing feels exciting anymore
Not even pizza.
21. You’ve started purchasing a lot of maps online
And a compass. Just in case.
22. You have a general feeling of anxiousness about all the places you haven’t seen yet
‘If I haven’t even been to Paris, when will I ever make it to Mongolia?’ you may think on a regular basis.
23. You’re sick of everybody in your normal life
Social events never felt this boring before.
24. You feel discontent and restless
Your life kind of feels like a place holder until something better comes along.
25. Living out of a suitcase doesn’t seem that frustrating to you anymore
In fact, it sounds amazing!