Ageing is a natural and indispensable prospect of human life; with the growth in population and developed medical facilities, Australia’s number of older adults is on the rising trend. However, ageing is considered a disease, not changed only by medication. Moreover, due to the decline in physical and mental health conditions, people over 65 years of professional training By Per personnel require special attention and care.
Several ageing care courses in Australia provide training through these courses. But the work of aged care workers is less pleasant, so to encourage and assist the training, the Australian government provides funding for some courses. The following details about government-funded elderly care courses in Perth are related to matters related to training and workforce development department financing.
The courses funded by the government include certificates III and Certificate IV in the Aged Care Course. The below mentioned are the advantages of these courses:
- This allows you to create an attractive and highly profitable career in the elderly care of residential facilities, nursing homes and to provide home and community care.
- This is a prerequisite for entry into enrolled nursing.
- There are opportunities for elderly care facilities, community care workers, home care assistants, nursing assistants, support workers, care workers, residential care workers, personal care payers, and many more.
- Age must be above 18 years.
- Equal to ten years or average level of English
- International students must have passed the minimum score of the 5.5 bands of the institution’s language literacy test or academic IELTS.
- Applicants should be residents of Perth and have valid Australian citizenship or temporary security visa holder or public relations.
- A national police clearance
- For people who are already working; Full-time or part-time, in elderly care, most of the public fund’s charge a fee
The non-concessional fee is $ 1,800, and the concession fee is $ 540 for Certificate III in Individual Support. Ageing support for non-subsidized charges is $ 2,700, and the concessional fee is $ 804 for certificate IV. These amounts are only indicators and are subject to change without notice. The applicant may need to pay an additional fee for content and resources.
The module fees are calculated based on the nominal hours published by the workplace training and development department. But the final course fee will be calculated according to the modules selected by the applicant. Replacement of rewards for specific services, academic records is $ 50.00, and for the re-release of the academic statement, this is $ 20.00. However, there will be no nomination fee for government-funded aged care courses in Perth.
- Make the full cost of dues and charge.
- Payment by instalment
- Deposit application for concessional fee based on financial difficulty
- Submit a signed authorization to your employer; If employed, the employer for the invoice is for fees and student charges.
Requirements for a discounted fee:
- Beneficiary concessional card
- Healthcare care
- Rebirth Health Benefits Card from the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Getting young allowance by the applicant or his dependents
- Receipt of ABSTUDY or Austudy by the applicant or its dependents
- Aspirants or their clients who are prisoners of a custodial institution
- The full course fee is included in some cases, and in some cases, this is a subsidy, and in some cases, only nomination fees are paid.
The Government-funded aged care courses in Perth need to achieve the below-stated units efficiently:
- Working effectively in a community centre
- After the WHS safety procedures for direct care
- Assisting to meet personal care needs
- Working effectively with older people
- Providing people with dementia
- Working Together with Cultural Diverse Customers
- Participating in effective implementation of individual plans
- Application of first aid
- Identify healthy body systems in terms of healthcare
- Working under the prescribed Ethical and Legal Framework
- Following policies and procedures related to infection control
- Distribute care services using a palliative approach
- Health support and emotional well-being of the person
- Helping the elderly to maintain their independence
Courses include both theory and practical training. Although face delivery is charged twice a week for practical training in class classes, trainees must work in a recognized elderly care facility for about 4 weeks.