Counter-Stikes: Global Offensive (CS: GO) is one of the most famous multiplayer games enjoyed by people worldwide.
However, when you are waiting for matchmaking, you might have come across a message displaying “VAC was unable to verify your game session.”
Online gamers have reported many times this error is displayed when they are trying to enter Steam or while playing a game.
If you have faced a problem like this, you’ve reached the right place for a solution.
Here are some of the best fixes to resolve this issue:
Why Does your game say VAC Was Unable to Verify Your Game Session?
The main object of VAC ( Valve Anti-Cheat System) is to identify any anomalies present in the installation files.
It is used to prevent any changes from game files by gamers who access it to get an unfair advantage while playing.
If you have not done anything and this message still appears, it means that there is some defect with the way the files are configured.
There is a chance to generate a false positive error and display the error.
So, how can you fix this error?
Read on to know how to easily fix these errors.
How can you Fix the VAC Authentication Error in Windows 10?
Maybe, you must have reinstalled the game, but the issue is persisting.
It would help if you understood that reinstalling the game will download the same files repeatedly and will not help eliminate the problem.
Here are the five methods you can use to resolve this issue:
● Rebooting your computer
● Restart the Steam Client
● Repair the Steam clients
● Verifying the integrity of your game files and then repairing the game library
● Update your drivers
Let us now closely analyze each of the solutions:
Rebooting Your Computer
Certain processes and apps running in the background of your computer may access the game files, and it will cause the VAC to prevent itself from verifying the necessary files.
You can fix this issue by rebooting your computer. Closely follow these steps:
- Close all the open windows and apps.
- Then, press the Windows home button on your keyboard or click on the bottom-left corner icon on your screen.
- Then, click on the power icon that appears when the start menu comes up
- Then click restart.
- After you’re done restarting your computer, run the game again to check if the error has been rectified or not.
If the problem persists after restarting, you can try to power cycle your PC; this means completely turning off the PC and then starting it once more.
By doing this, your device can easily recover from any unresponsive modules present, and then you can reinitialize the parameters of its configurations.
This method also resets the network configurations.
Try restarting the Steam Client .
Restarting your steam client will help rectify any corruption responsible for the ‘VAC was unable to verify the game session’ error.
Here are some of the steps you can follow:
- Tap on the Steam tab present on the top-left corner of the screen
- And then click on the exit option from the context menu.
- Open the Steam client once more.
- Then click on the steam tab present on the top-left corner.
- Then click on the ‘Go offline…..’ option that is present on the context menu.
- Finally, click on the ‘Restart and go online’ button.
After following these steps, try entering the game again and check if the VAC issue persists.
Repairing the Steam Client
There is a possibility that the files could contain bad files or be corrupted.
If this is the case, you can try the following steps:
- Right-click on the start icon that is present on the lower-left corner of your screen
- Go to the power user menu that opens up.
- Then click on the command prompt (Admin)
- Then click on the ‘Yes’ button when you are presented with the UAC prompt
- Copy and paste the line below and click Enter
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe” /repair
- Please wait for some time for the process to complete.
- Finally, close the command prompt window and then restart your computer.
- Finally, check if the ‘VAC was unable to verify the game session’ error was resolved or not.
Verifying the integrity of your game files and then repair their game library
This error can frequently appear on CS: GO because of the game files with integrity issues. There is an option on your Steam client that helps you rectify the issue:
- First, open your steam client and then click on the Library tab.
- Then right-click on the Counter-Strike: GO and go the properties and select it.
- Then you have to switch to the Local Files tab and then press on ‘Verify integrity of game files.”
- Finally, wait for the process to be completed and then click on the Close button.
- Then Launch CS: GO and check if the issue has been resolved.
Now, you have to go to the Library folder and repair the Library folders. It will contain a list of the games you’ve installed.
Here are the next steps you have to:
- Open the steam client and then click on the steam tab option.
- Then click on the settings from the opened context menu
- Then, Click on the Downloaded option from the left pane.
- Then, click on the right pane part showing ‘Steam Library Folders
- A new window will pop up, then right-click on the install place that will contain the steam contents downloaded by you.
- A drop-down menu will now come down.
- Now, click on the ‘Repair Library Folder’
- Confirm your action and then click on the ‘Yes’ option when UAC prompts you and give access to the command prompt.
- Now the repair process will start.
- Now, could you wait for it to be completed?
- Finally, restart your Steam client and then start running your game once more.
- Now check if the problem has been rectified or not.
Updating your drivers
Sometimes you may not have the right device drivers on your computer. If you can run an update, it will help you resolve the driver issues that may prevent the game from operating smoothly. You could also use Auslogics Driver Update to run this task smoothly. This tool will identify all the problems causing the drivers and will install the right drivers.
Here is what you have to do:
- You have to download and install the Auslogics Driver Updater.
- After installing the program, it will be automatically be opened and will also detect the current specifications of the computer you are using to identify the right drivers.
- Now click on the ‘Scan Now’ option to start the location of the outdated and faulty driver.
- Now click on the update button next to the problematic drivers that you need to update. Or you could click on the ‘Update All’ to correct all the defective drivers.
- Finally, restart your computer after the update.
Just follow these steps to resolve your issues, and Happy Gaming!
Also Read: Best PS4 Games In 2021