If you are seeking a solution to instantly migrate Google Drive files to OneDrive, this blog will provide a few solutions to accomplish this task. Google Drive and OneDrive are cloud storage facilities that store, share, create, and edit files. Google provides Google Drive with 15 GB of free storage that is divided into Gmail, Google Photos, and Google Drive.
Moreover, users get various features and facilities as well. But still, users move from Google Drive to OneDrive for a few reasons. Let us briefly discuss the best tricks to complete the Google Drive file migration task.
Reasons behind transferring from Google Drive to OneDrive
- Sometimes, users perform the Google Drive migration to OneDrive for their business requirements.
- Most users are familiar with the Microsoft product, so they prefer to move to OneDrive.
- If you decide to move from a free account to a paid one.
Users could have more reasons to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive files, which is particular for each.
Different ways to export Google Drive files to OneDrive
There are two solutions: a manual method and a professional third-party tool to accomplish this migration task. The manual method offers various ways to complete the Google Drive migration process. In this blog, we will learn two methods to migrate files to OneDrive data. Users require a professional Cloud Drive Migrator to complete this task professionally. Let us discuss each step carefully to get a powerful one to make this task instantly.
Moving from Google Drive to OneDrive using manual solutions
Here, we will share two manual ways to effectively migrate Google Drive to OneDrive. So, understand each trick carefully.
1 Google Takeout to transfer Google Drive files to OneDrive
- Open the Google Takeout Login page and enter your email address and password to log in.
- Check only the Drive option in the list to proceed only with Google Drive data.
- Scroll down the page and click the Next Step button to continue.
- After that, choose the Add to OneDrive option in the Destination.
- Set frequency and file size & type according to your requirements.
- Finally, press the Link accounts and create export button.
2 Transfer files to OneDrive using Download and Upload trick
- First, log in to Google Drive by entering your email address and password.
- Choose the files that you want to export to OneDrive.
- Right-click on selected files and click the Download button.
- The files will start saving in your local drive.
- Then, log in to the OneDrive and tap the + New button to make a new folder.
- Move to the newly created folder and click the Upload option.
- Pick the files or folders option and find the downloaded files or folders in your local drive. Select them to upload into the OneDrive.
This is how you can migrate Google Drive to OneDrive using manual methods. We advise users to read the difficulties of the manual methods before processing the Google Drive file migration task.
Limitations of the manual solutions
Users can face various problems in professing the Google Drive migration to OneDrive data. Some of them we have mentioned below; read them out before starting this migration task.
- The task will become time-consuming and lengthy if you process this migration with the help of manual methods.
- Users require an excellent internet connection to complete this migration task effectively using manual tricks.
- Moreover, it allows users to only process limited data from Google Drive to OneDrive.
- There is no option to resume or pause the process, so users need to run it from the beginning if the process gets stopped.
- Also, users can’t filter items based on size and other criteria using the manual method.
- Users have to manually keep the hierarchy of the data, which takes a lot of time.
So, we suggest users try professional third-party software to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive data. However, choosing the best among numerous is challenging for users. That is why we have come up with this blog to provide you with a trustworthy and secure solution to do this migration task. Read the following paragraph to learn about a perfect solution for migrating from Google Drive to OneDrive.
Shoviv Cloud Drive Migrator: a quick and secure solution
Users can quickly eliminate the problems of the manual methods by using the Shoviv Cloud Drive Migrator. This software offers a variety of features and facilities to accomplish the Google Drive migration to OneDrive easily and rapidly. Users can even process large-sized and numerous files from Google Drive to OneDrive. It is capable of processing all kinds of files stored in Google Drive.
This tool allows users to filter data to include or exclude desired items using a folder, file extension, file presence, file size, file type, and date-wise criteria. It also offers an incremental export option to resume the process if it gets stuck. Plus, one can easily avoid duplicity issues. Let us discuss a few more features of the Shoviv professional third-party tool.
- Moreover, users do not require technical skills to run this migration task using this professional software.
- It also allows users to periodically schedule the Google Drive migration to OneDrive on a desired date and time. Users can set the migration daily, weekly, or monthly using its scheduler option.
- The software will not affect the speed of the process if users create and run numerous migration jobs concurrently.
- It also offers a simple user interface, which users can use to efficiently migrate Google Drive to OneDrive data.
- Furthermore, users can easily copy and paste selective items from the folders to the desired target.
- One of the best things about the tool is that it migrates from Google Drive/ OneDrive/ Local Drive to OneDrive/ Google Drive.
This blog discussed various methods to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive with an easygoing process. After discussing solutions, we suggest users use the Shoviv professional third-party tool. This software is a simple and secure technique to accomplish this migration task. Also, users can try its free demo version in their system to check its compatibility and more details on its features. Its free demo version is also capable of moving 20 KB-sized items.
Author Name:- Divya Chauhan
Short Author Bio:- Divya Chauhan is a passionate web content writer. She is associated with Shoviv Software for the last three years. Being a tech geek, she has commendable command over Emailing and all its dimensions, and she loves to share it with readers. Blending professional language with a friendly tone is the best part of her writing style.