This Post is Going to Guide you About Installation of WordPress Theme using Cpanel or FTP Account. Now I am considering that you have already Install WordPress Theme to your Blog. If you have not installed, then visit How to install WordPress. Also considering that you have already Downloaded the WordPress theme of your choice.
Here is another simple way to install WordPress themes to your blog (Website). Read the complete guide on How to install WordPress themes.
Now let’s Talk About the Install WordPress Theme Themes using Cpanel.
- Login to your Hosting Cpanel using the User name and Password Provided by your Web Hosting Provider.
- After Login finds File Manager, Click on to File Manager and Select Public_Html and Click on to Go Option.
- Now Find the Wp-Content Folder and Click on it and select the Themes folder.
- Click on the Upload option given on Top, and click on to choose the file option to select the Downloaded WordPress Theme ( Make sure WinRAR Software is already installed on your computer ). If you have not Downloaded the Themes than you can download it from the WordPress Themes directory.
- After finishing the Above process Go back to the Themes folder and Reload it. it will show you the uploaded theme. Select the uploaded theme and Right Click on it and Extract in themes folder ( wp-content/themes).
- Now Go to your website (Blog) Admin Panel (Dashboard), After that Click on to Appearance and select the Themes option, You will see the uploaded themes Click on it to get the details and preview and click on to install option to Active the theme. if you are not able to see the theme name here then check with the Above two steps.
How to Install WordPress Theme using FTP.
To install WordPress theme using FTP you must have FileZilla ( FTP Software), FTP Access and WinRAR Software to unpack.Zip File.
- First of all Login to Your Server by the help of FTP Software using your FTP Access ( User name, Hostname, and password).
- Unpack (Extract) the Downloaded WordPress Theme and upload the theme into Wp-Content/themes folder.
- To upload the theme in your server locate the Folder available in your Local System ( Computer ), Right-click on to folder and Select the upload option ( Make sure that you are uploading it into Wp-content/themes Directory ).
- Now Go to your Website Admin Panel ( Dashboard ), click on to Appearance and select the Themes option.
- you can see the upload theme there, Click on to theme to get the details and preview and Click on Install to activate the Theme.
I hope that you will find it useful while installation of your WordPress theme. If you are facing any problem or have any questions comment below. Thank you.