You are a smoker, of course, you will face many side effects of some harmful components inside cigarette or tobacco. However, even you don’t smoke directly but your exposure to toxins from secondhand smoke, so you are a high risk of some diseases as well. Let find out how long does secondhand smoke stays in your system?
Many people don’t know that no smoking but inhale effortlessly the air around where smokers smoke tobacco will be dangerous.
What is the definition of secondhand smoking?
Secondhand smoking mentions the environment around people who smoke contain reek with many toxic substances inside such as ammonia, benzene, carbon monoxide or cyanide. These chemicals have existed in many goods around life, for example, cleaning products, petrol, car waste or chemical weapon .
All those products from smoking can bring harm to people who inhale involuntarily.
That’s it about smoke? The answer is no. The rest of the smoke can be kept in the hair, clothes or some furniture around. That is so dangerous for your visitors if anybody smoked in your house .
And then you ask of how long does secondhand smoke stay in your system, too? Let’s see other information first before answering this question.
What Are Side Effects of Secondhand Smoke?
Secondhand smoke has to face many severe medical diseases containing :
- Cancer: you are the same risk as smokers with lung cancer. Moreover, you can be suffered from leukemia- which is a severe and chronic blood disease-when you contact benzene frequency.
- Cardiovascular diseases: some toxins in the air you inhale will destroy your blood vessels and how the blood goes into the body. If you contact secondhand smoke, you have more risk of heatstroke or other heart diseases than other people.
- Lung cancer: the air is not clean, so the dirty air will be exchanged in your lung which can interfere with your lung function. Having asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are some issues secondhand smoke can run.
Older adults, children and expecting moms are some vulnerable objects of secondhand smoke. Being pregnant inhales secondhand smoke can cause congenital disabilities such as low birth weight, stillborn, premature delivery or infection .
If an expecting mom inhales this polluted air, she will develop high risks of giving birth. The baby can be delivered prematurely with lowe weight than average or die during the first time after birth .
The babies can be quick to get some respiratory diseases such as asthma or infection if their parents smoke more often.
How long does secondhand smoke stay in your system?
A lot of people think if they don’t smoke, they will not present diseases related to tobacco. However, the truth is it is no difference between a smoker and secondhand smoke. Chemical toxins will stay in your body at the same time.
For how long does secondhand smoke stay in your system, it is still hard to figure out today. Just knowing that smoke can be kept in some places on your body for a long time such as blood, urine, saliva, and hair as well .
Nicotine is one of the harmful ingredients in tobacco that is shown evidence about timekeeping in the body. After going to circulation, nicotine will break down to cotinine almost. Cotinine is defected by some particular tests easily because of stability more than nicotine .
If you usually exposure to secondhand smoke, cotinine will last up to four days in your urine. For the bloodstream system, cotinine can find in your blood for about ten days after your last exposure to secondhand smoke. However, nicotine is detected up to three days .
In your saliva system, both cotinine and nicotine are positive with testing for about four days. Besides, hair nicotine can be present for some months or a year .
How Can You Avoid Secondhand Smoke?
The answer is not very clear about how long does secondhand smoke stays in your body, but you need to protect yourself to reduce the side effects of secondhand smoke. Find a good environment for yourself is an ideal way helping you decrease risks of exposure such as:
- No smoking at home: if anybody in your house wants to smoke, you should remind them to go outside for doing that.
- No smoking at the workplace: there are many signs for no smoking at many workplaces today. Everybody should obey these rules.
- Get away from the smoke environment: sometimes, you can’t control secondhand smoke, if you see someone smoke in public areas, you should ask them to stop doing that. In some desperate cases, they will not quit you should go far away from them to protect yourself.
Besides, find many problems which secondhand smoke will bring to people, they do want to know how long does secondhand smoke stay in your body as well. Before knowing more about that, you should find for yourself a solution to avoid them at first. Applying many ways to help you and your family not present many medical problems.
Read More:- 7 Things to Do Before Getting Pregnant