Do not rush to take medicine when you have constipation, there are many natural ways to reduce constipation for you. So, Homemade laxative – How to do it?
Understanding of constipation
Constipation is caused by stools that move difficult or abnormal. The most common symptom of constipation is decreased intestinal motility, feces difficult to escape, and pain or bloating in the abdomen. You should consult your doctor because constipation can become serious if you become chronic or prolonged.
Causes of constipation:
- The body does not get enough fiber or water in the diet.
- Too little exercise
- Side effects of other medicines. for example, antacids, diuretics, narcotic painkillers, antidepressants, and muscle relaxants.
- Pelvic dysfunction or may be a sign of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a condition in which the patient may have both diarrhea and constipation
- It is important to remember and discover that constipation can be a symptom of serious health disorders including diabetes, hypothyroidism, inflammatory bowel disease, and neurological disorders.
- Other causes of constipation are changes in daily habits such as walking and not having enough time to defecate. You may have constipation if you are too busy or you are too busy helping family members or you have to care for older relatives.
To know your constipation problem. You need to monitor your bowel movements. Important is diet and level of comfort. People who stunt often, tend to offer more fiber to the meal and they are often vegetarian.
Some information about laxatives
The term “laxative” is used to refer to substances that increase excretion.
Many people with constipation think that laxatives are a viable method, which will quickly resolve the digestive disorder. However, this medicine is only effective immediately, in short, people with constipation should only be used in 2-3 days. If you abuse this medicine, you may have a bad effect on the intestinal mucosa. In addition, people with constipation will have a psychological addiction to laxatives, refuse to practice hygiene habits as well as adjust the diet. If you abuse laxatives, it will make constipation worse.
Laxatives only help regulate the transfer of bowel movements. It is used in some cases to combat mild constipation. But it does not treat constipation. It is just one of the anti-constipation medications and it must be taken as directed by your doctor. If you use laxatives arbitrarily, you will not be able to resolve the situation constipation.
Therefore, you should use homemade laxatives or use natural foods to cure constipation.
Use Epsom Salt to make Homemade Laxatives
- First, you have to buy the right kind of Epsom salts. There are many types of Epsom salts. You have to make sure that Epsom salts have the main component of magnesium sulfate. Do not buy Epsom salts whose main ingredients are not magnesium sulfate. Using the wrong type of salt, you may be poisoned
- You can buy brands like Epsom Epsoak Salt
- Boil some water. If you want to make Epsom salts as a Homemade Laxatives, boil 240ml of water under a medium flame. Do not let the water boil, but you must be sure the water is warmer than the room temperature.
- The boiling process may take several minutes.
- Then, you add salt to the water. Add 2-4 teaspoons of Epsom salts to warm water (if you use mixed for adults).
- Stir under a small flame until the salt is dissolved. If you do not like the salty taste, you can add some lemon juice to add flavor. You can use a microwave oven to boil the water first, then add salt to the water.
- After the mixture is complete, pour it into the cup and wait for the mixture to cool. Wait for the mixture to cool in moderate temperature and you can drink. You need to drink both glasses while homemade laxatives are still warm.
- Just take 2 times a day. This homemade laxative is safe to use twice a day. Drink at least 4 hours apart and you can drink for 4 days. If after 4 days without any excretion (bowel movement) or still feeling constipated, call your doctor for advice.
Epsom salts used as homemade laxatives are usually effective within 30 minutes to 6 hours. You can use 1-2 teaspoons for children under 12 years old. Not recommended for children under 6 because of the safety of Epsom salts when used as a laxative for this age group has not been tested.
You should drink more water while using Epsom salts as a homemade laxative. Epsom salts can cause dehydration, so you need to provide water to keep water for your body.
Drinking more water can also help with excretion. It will be beneficial for health in many ways
Avoid using Epsom salts like homemade laxatives if you have certain symptoms. Constipation may be accompanied by other symptoms. If you experience any symptoms other than constipation, you should avoid using Epsom salts or any other laxatives before talking to your doctor.
Do not use Epsom salts to make homemade laxatives if you have severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, abnormal bowel movements that last for more than two weeks, rectal bleeding,…
Do not use Epsom salts when you are taking certain medications. Some medications can not be given with Epsom salts. Do not use Epsom salts to make homemade laxatives if you are taking antibiotics like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Kanamycin, Neomycin, and Amikacin.
If you are taking certain medications such as corticosteroids, antihypertensive drugs, diuretics, analgesics, antacids or antidepressants, you should consult your doctor before using Epsom salts to make homemade laxatives.
You need to consult your doctor if you have certain types of illnesses. Therefore, be sure to talk to your doctor before using Epsom salts as a self-made laxative if you have kidney disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiac dysrhythmia or if you have an eating disorder.
You need to ask your doctor whether Epsom salts are safe for you when you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, contact your doctor before using salt if you have used other laxatives for the past two weeks without effect.
The above is one of the ways to homemade laxatives. In addition, you should eat vegetables, drink water and exercise every day. And if you want to use laxatives, you must also talk to your doctor.