It is a common issue that occurs with users that their headphones or headphone jack not working or malfunctions. This is sometimes really annoying while you want to listen to music or make private phone calls, but headphones won’t work.
This problem equally occurs on all sorts of devices, including Laptops, Mobiles, and Tabs. There are many solutions to the headphone jack, not a working issue which we will discuss here.
We will discuss how to fix headphones and how to fix the headphone jack so that the problem doesn’t occur again.
How to fix headphone jack not working issue?
Fix Headphone Jack Not Working on Laptop
Headphones not working Windows 10 problem is occurring on many systems over the world. This might be occurring due to a faulty headphone jack, unchecked settings, or outdated drivers. The tutorial also comes in handy to overcome the Windows 10 sound not working problem.
The following are the three most probable and most trusted fixes to the headphone jack not working issue.
#1. Change the Windows Default Device for Audio Output
If you haven’t set your headphones as the default device for audio output, there are chances that they won’t work until you do so. This sometimes happens because Windows automatically sets the device to speakers or another device. To change the default audio device, follow the below steps.
- Access Control Panel. You can do it by going to start and search for it.
- Once in the Control Panel, click on the “Sound” option.
- A setting box will appear as in the snap below.
- The available options choose the headphones you are trying to use and click on the “Set Default” button below.
- After that, click on “Apply” and close the settings.
Once Windows updates the drivers, connect your headphones, check the settings, and see if it works. Suppose it does well and good; if not, try the 3rd step.
#3. Change the Settings in Realtek Audio Manager
This is the last fix that you can try and make your headphone jack work. This is ONLY for the systems that have Realtek Audio Drivers installed or Realtek Audio Manager installed.
Follow the steps to tweak the settings.
- Open the Realtek Audio Manager on your PC
- Look for a folder icon located in the top right corner and click it.
- Now check the “Disable front panel jack detection” option.
- Apply the settings and click OK.
After doing this, if you are using an IDT device, you have to uninstall it from Control Panel. To do this, follow the below steps.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select “Programs and Features”
- Select the IDT Audio Driver and click on uninstall.
- Once the uninstall completes, restart your computer.
- Now plug in your headphones, and it’s all set.
If none of the above fixes work, there might be an issue with either the headphones or the headphone jack. Repairs or replacements can only fix these issues.
Fix Android Headphone Jack Not Working
If you are an Android user and encounter this issue, the following are the steps you can take to resolve it.
- First of all, make sure that your headphones are working fine. You should check them on other devices before opting for other solutions. Also, check whether the 3.5mm audio pin is in good condition or not. Also, try other headphones on your device, as well as it might be compatible.
- Secondly, check whether your phone is connected to any Bluetooth device. If so, disconnect the device from your phone and try the headphones now. If the problem persists, go on to the next step.
- Take a look at your audio settings of the phone. Normally there aren’t many options but still, take a look at the available ones.
- If all the settings are good, then you should try to restart the device. This allows the malfunctioning parts of the phone to reboot, which may help resolve the issue.
- Next, you must clean your headphone jack and ensure that there isn’t any dust trapped in it.
- After all of the steps are not working, then this is the last headphone jack fix. You must go to the repair shop and ask for the phone headphone jack repair. This will resolve the issue for all cases.
Fix iPhone Headphone Jack
If your iPhone headphones are not working then, this might be due to iPhone headphone jack issues. Any small problem with the headphone jack might be the reason your headphones aren’t working. Here are all the possible fixes that you can try to make your headphones work.
- First, make sure that your headphones are in working condition. Try them on other devices and make sure that they are fine.
- If the headphones are working well, you must make sure that AirPlay or your phone Bluetooth isn’t connected to any other device. This problem was mostly filed under iPhone 7 headphone jack not working, but it was merely an issue of another connection.
- If the steps mentioned above don’t work, then restart your iPhone. This will hopefully do the trick, and headphones will work.
- If it still doesn’t work, then try to clean the headphone jack and make sure that it is clean of any dust or lint.
- If the above fixes don’t work, you probably need to take your iPhone to a repair shop and get the iPhone headphone jack replaced.
That was our tutorial to fix the headphone jack not working on all commonly used devices. You must try all the fixes patiently and see the results. If you still have any queries or have any suggestions, please ask us in the comments section. Thanks!