Are you a smartphone user and tired of seeing the same browser home page? Are you having difficulty in customizing your browser homepage? Not to worry you are at the right place as we will provide you the complete knowledge of how you can go about it.
In today’s time, every single human being is using a smartphone. A smartphone is considered to be a vital part of our day to day life. The smartphone is the most amazing invention that made the life of people easy and comfortable. Earlier people used to use computers and laptop but with the invention of smartphones now people can do a lot of tasks on it and they can easily carry the phone from one place to another. We can store information, files, and download application which you can use to make your life easy.
These smartphones usually come with a pre-installed browser which is used by people for surfing the net. The widest browser that is pre-installed in your android phone nowadays is Google chrome although there are many more browsers like the Firefox Mozilla, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc.
Content://com.android.browser.home/ or also called Browser Homepage Setup is a useful tool for managing the homepage of the web browser.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
Content://com.android.browser.home/ is the link for setting up the home page for the browser. The mobile company sets the homepage of the web browser but if you don’t like the default homepage then using content://com.android.browser.home/ you can easily change the home page. By using this link one can easily customize the browser homepage according to the needs of the user. You can change it anytime by using simple steps which are as follows –
- Open the browser on the smartphone.
- Click on the three dots (menu button) on the right top corner.
- Go to settings then scroll down to the android browser setting click it.
- Click the general settings,
- Then finally click on the set homepage. You can change the home page by either entering the URL of the page that you want to set or you can even clear it.
Just in case if this option is not visible then do not panic we provide you the steps that you can follow to change the setting. The step is even more simple.
- Open the site that you want to make your homepage.
- Add that page to the bookmark.
- Then open the bookmark and long-press the page and set it as your homepage.
But to do this you will have to choose the default browser on your phone. So download the application of the browser and follow the steps that we are providing to give you the amazing experience as per your needs. The steps to set a default browser as follows –
- Open the settings on your smartphone.
- Click on the app setting.
- Go to the default application setting and click on the browser.
- Finally, click on the name of the browser that you wish to set.
Every browser follows different steps to change the homepage of the browser which we will discuss in this article.
The procedure to set the homepage is as follows-
- Open the Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the menu option generally the three dots on the right top corner on the screen of the phone.
- Go to settings and click the general option.
- In general click on home.
- Go to the set homepage and then click on the custom and enter the URL. Then click ok.
- Close the browser and open it again.
- Open the browser and in this, there will be an opera icon on the right top corner instead of the three dots. Click on the icon.
- Disable the news and the trending searches.
- Go back to the homepage and delete all the sites visible on the home page.
- Then there will be a sign of plus. By clicking that you can add the pages that you want to see and use repeatedly so that your work becomes easy and quick.
Google Chrome is the most widely used browser. The steps are as follows –
- Open the browser and click on the three dots at the right top corner.
- In the basic setting click on the homepage.
- Click on the homepage, enter the URL, and save it.
- Then first close and reopen the browser.
If you are thinking of changing the homepage of the browser and using wi-fi on your phone then you must create a mechanism that would consume less data so we generally give the name to the homepage without HTTP:// which would require fewer data and will open quickly. For example, instead of putting http://facebook.com, use facebook.com which makes the page light and quickly accessible by the user.
There are a lot of web browsers that people can use and they are freely available on the android play store. Therefore, a lot of times people get confused about which browser to use and whether to use the browser that is already installed on the smartphone by the company. But I suggest you download the application of the browser and use it. It’s not that I am favoring any browser or forcing you not to use the pre-installed browser. Usually, the internet explorer is installed which is generally slow and does not have the features that usually the present day browsers have.
The present-day browsers like Google Chrome are fast and give you the option to open with. Google Chrome is light also as it is only of 0.6 MB filing which in turn requires small space to get installed.
So what are you waiting for? Download the browser and make your life fast and convenient. As content://com.android.browser.home/ allows you to customize the homepage and add the website links that you use more frequently.