Range of Activities
Metals and alloys are found in all types of industries and households. The local junkyard merchant delivers small-scale operations. In contrast, a large business company has a greater range and scope. Corporate-level activities are characterized by heavy loads, large machinery and appliances. The versatile scrap metal services also include vehicle dismantling and ship destruction. The big companies also deal directly with steel mills.
The large corporate is capable of delivering a full range of professional services –
- Various types of iron are handled with great ease and proficiency. The list includes pig iron, DRI, HRI, and blast furnace iron.
- Aluminum, copper, alloys and non-ferrous materials are also processed. The whole range of metals is covered for an unprecedented scale of operations.
- The management interacts with still mills, traders, and scrap dealers. The company buys and sells scrap as a part of brokerage services.
- Shredding plants can handle all types of large and small automobiles. Transport and logistics are handled in-house for higher efficiency.
- Rail cars are dismantled about safety regulations. The experts can take care of asbestos, lead, molds, soil contamination, and other health hazards.
- Large-sized vessels are inspected to assess the worth of recyclable parts. A reliable dismantling strategy is designed to protect these ships and workers.
- Automotive scrap metal services include transport and car crushing. Shredder and crusher machines are also sent to the client’s site.
- Pick up, demolition and dismantling are done with great care. Other safe practices include shearing, wet car processing, and torch cutting.
Role of Shredder
Old and redundant cars are fuel inefficient and accident-prone. Large-sized railway carriages and ships also become obsolete. These modes of transport have to be dismantled only by experts in the field. Their salvage assures a rich haul of steel, aluminum, copper, and other alloys. The top scrap metal services carry out the planned destruction of automobiles and vessels. The recovered material is recycled as per regulations and safety standards.
Automobiles like sedans, SUVs, trucks, and vans are processed systematically –
- The material processing centers are spaciously set up on large acres of land. They are strategically located in areas with transport access.
- Cranes, weighing machines, container belts, and shredders are purchased. Heavy pulverizers are also used to shred the vehicles into tiny fragments.
- Scrap metal services are not possible with a large network. The company liaisons and partners with retailers, auto mechanics, junkyards, etc.
- Old vehicles and obsolete scrap are carefully transported to the site. The processed metal is sold to steel mills and is shipped by road or rail.
Sharp objects and rust are part and parcel of the scrap processing industry. The scrap metal services have to be delivered to safe workplaces. The government regulates operational safety to ensure the worker’s health. The life of personnel and protection of equipment is equally important.
The management has to tackle various issues mentioned in this checklist.
- The workers suffer from muscle stress, accidents, and injuries. Risks are related to falls, heavy loads, and contact with sharp or moving objects.
- All the machines and equipment have to be handled by specialists. The incoming and outgoing stock has to be stored and guarded at all times.
- Knives, blades, tires, and heat are intrinsic to scrap metal services. Safety measures include color codes, tags, barricades, key and lock systems, etc.,
- Carrying out daily activities with old machines is a big risk. Due to unstable joints, shafts, pulleys, and couplings, the equipment is accident-prone.
- The breaking operations include grinding, cutting, pulping, pulverizing, etc.; standard operating procedures and inspections reduce the associated risks.