The best IAS Academy in Chennai says that if a young person is serious about becoming a civil servant, it is crucial for them to join a coaching. A civil service exam institute can give the right support and guide them in the direction which is not possible if they prepare by themselves. The money invested in coaching gives a high return. The candidate is better prepared, has more enhanced skills and a stronger support system.
At present, a civil service aspirant has many options to choose from when it comes to types of coaching academies:
- Distance mode institutes
- Coaching that teaches for free
- The traditional coaching centres
The choice should be based on the preference of the student, but the most advisable is one that is near home and can be attended to physically. In case there are no good IAS institutes in the city the candidate lives, then a long-distance course might work. These correspondence courses provide the same reading and study material as conventional coaching. But they are unable to provide subject matter experts at the beck and call of students. Long distance coachings also do not offer the positives of group studies and intensive classroom work.
Here are some tips on how to choose the IAS coaching which is the right fit for you.
- Ask students and IAS officers who have taken guidance from the list of coaching centres you have made. Weed out the ones that do not receive good feedback.
- It is generally better to choose a more established IAS institute than a new one. But sometimes it is the brand new coaching centres that make the most effort. So try them all out.
- These days each coaching will have a website full of information. Read through it and do some more background research on each choice. Remove the options that have not shown any proven success.
- Find out the credentials of each teacher employed by the coaching. There is no advantage of picking a centre that has just one brilliant teacher and rests average. The IAS exam is not based on a single subject. Therefore, you need excellent teachers in all subjects.
- The study material provided by the institute and the infrastructure also play an essential role why choosing the right IAS coaching. Good books and texts will help you prepare better, and the proper infrastructure will ensure you are not stuck in a big hall where you can barely hear the teacher.
There are many prominent coaching centres all over India. They each have a record of success. Enrolling in one of them will help any IAS candidate, but it is not the sole thing that needs to be done. Hard work and discipline are two other pillars of success. An IAS coaching should be taken as a support system that sets you on the right path of learning. The rest of the journey every civil service aspirant has to complete on his or her own.