A healthy diet results in a healthy body and keeps one away from diseases. People are getting more conscious about their body with the growth in technology. There are a lot of options to choose your way to workout- do it at home or go to the club. Many smart phones have applications to keep a count on your calorie intake, to check how nutritious the food is and the list goes on. Women wish to have a perfect figure statistics to look like their favorite actress.
If you have a healthy heart you are on the perfect way. It is very important to know how nutritious the food you are eating is. Foods that are highly refined and processed are not good for a healthy living. Too much of processing will reduce the foods’ natural structure giving you less nutrients. Here are some top 7 foods that should be included in a healthy diet and some quick heart healthy recipes-
- Tomatoes- Tomatoes keep your heart free from disorders. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene; an important anti-oxidant. Body requires a lot of sources to produce lycopene. Other fruits like guava, watermelon, etc. do contain lycopene but they are not that good source like tomatoes. Cooked, sun-dried, or raw choose your way to include it in your diet.
- Almonds- Almonds have rich healthy oils that maintain the cholesterol levels. They are high in protein and contain good amount of zinc, potassium, iron, vitamin E etc. A handful of almonds will lower the heart risks and give you a better life. Mix some almonds in low-fat yoghurt or add it in your salad.
- Soy beans- Soy foods have no or very less amounts of saturated fats and helps to reduce cholesterol. Soy contains isoflavone genistein which reduces the blood clotting. A lot of soy foods are there to choose from – soy milk, soy nuts, soy sauce etc.
- Olive oil- Olive reduces cholesterol and risk of heart diseases. Replace your regular cooking oil with olive oil. Olive contains Monounsaturated fatty acids which are helpful to lower the risk of heart strokes.
- Salmon/Fish- Having two or more servings of fish in a week can contribute to lower the risk factors leading to coronary heart problems. Fishes that contain omega-3 fats reduce the triglycerides in the blood that help clotting of blood. Omega-3 foods like- flaxseed oil, walnuts, are also helpful in keeping your heart healthy. You can add walnuts in your pastas or salads.
- Oatmeal- A bowl oatmeal is full of potassium, omega -3 fatty acids and folic acids. Oatmeal will reduce the cholesterol keeping the heart healthy. You can add fruits like apple or blueberries in your oatmeal to make it tastier.
- Spinach- Remember Popeye? He knew the benefits of having spinach. Spinach is rich in folate, irons, minerals and potassium which not only protects from heart disorders but also gives a good eye sight. You can make a spinach salad with tomatoes, berries, yoghurt and enjoy the treat for a healthy heart.
Keep your diet full of healthy food options. Avoid the intake of alcohol, fatty and greasy foods. Replace your crisps and potatoes with fruits and nuts. Having a healthy heart keeps you away from doctor.