There were days when a mere mention of root canal made people go filled with fear and anxiety. They related the treatment with extreme form of pain so tried to evade it at any cost. Thanks to advancements in dental science, these treatments are no longer a cause of worry for patients. And being teeth saving in nature, they are always in great demand.
A root canal treatment is done to clean the infected tooth area and make it free from bacteria. The focus is on to disinfect the affected part before getting it sterilized. The area is then hermetically filled and later sealed with a crown to save any risk to the tooth. For this reason, the treatment is deemed important.
Basic information in regard to root canal treatment (RCT) –
- The treatment becomes necessary in case the root of the tooth is infected
- When the tooth is aggravated through injury and reached at an advanced stage of decay
- The treatment starts with an application of anesthesia on the tooth
- The dentist will then drill a hole through the tooth crown to access the pulp chamber
- The infected pulp is then cleaned out of the canal by using special files
- The canal is filled to keep it free of any infection
- The opening is sealed using a special material
- And then a crown or cap is placed on the top of the tooth
- The treatment is done to save the tooth and help alleviate extreme pain patients face
- A bit of pain is there but the treatment works like a tooth savior in true sense
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
RCT is now in growing in demand as more people come to realize its many benefits. The treatment is for those not wanting to lose their tooth at any cost and are ready to save it. Plus, those in pain may also like to undergo RCT and live a pain-free life.
The benefits include –
- The treatment is considered the best for retaining natural tooth
- It’s deemed the best option to restore a decayed tooth
- The treatment will help one retain the aesthetics and chewing efficiency
- A durable and long-lasting option when the tooth is at an advanced stage of being lost
- No worry of losing the original tooth
Why to go for RCT?
- The treatment can help save the tooth from extraction
- It can help stop the infection from reaching to health issues in oral cavity
- The infected tooth can negatively impact the face, neck or head, if neglected
- The treatment can help restore the natural tooth
- The treatment becomes important when the tooth pulp is inflamed or irritated
- A couple of visits to the dental clinic are enough to get the treatment done
- It’s a wrong assumption that root canal treatment cost is excessive, which is not the case
- Some pain will happen during the treatment and which depends on the extent of infection
- Post-treatment pain will be the result from sensitivity more than the procedure itself