What is Education?
“The knowledge acquired by an individual after studying specific subject matters or experiencing life lessons that provide an understanding of something is called Education.” Primary education or elementary education, secondary education, and higher secondary education are parts of school education. Student completing school education can join a college or university or institute.
Importance of Education
There are numerous benefits of education, and an educated person is an asset for his country. Mentioned below are 17 benefits of education:
- Global Citizenship:Education is a mandatory requirement for world citizenship. An educated person works for the benefits of humanity, and he treats entire human race as brothers and sisters. An educated person is public-spirited, wise, and cultured.
- National Interest: Education promotes national interest. An educated person has the sagacity and knowledge for good of the country. Doctors, engineers, scientists, soldiers, police office etc. etc. all work together in protecting the national interest.
- True Supporters: We must admire great writers, scientists, philosophers, and religious men, and social reformers, because these educated men are the true supporters of the human race.
- Education as Backbone: Education is the mainstay of third world countries. Develop countries must understand the importance of education. Today, the world is driven by Information Technology (IT), and education in the field of IT may become a deciding factor for future economic development of third world nations.
- Values: Educated people promote moral, spiritual, and ethical values Educational institutions teach students about moral, spiritual, and ethical values, and they also promote human welfare.
- Good Citizens: Good citizens are the result of high quality education. High school education often give birth to good citizens. It is also rightly said that children of today are citizens of tomorrow.
- Enjoyment: Education helps students to live a good life. It helps young men and women to enjoy a good life.
- Freshness: Education brings out the best in life for students, and education system encourages freshness in the approach of students.
- National Culture Transmission: Schools and colleges play a vital role to transmit national culture to younger generations. Of course, home, religion, and churches also play a role to make men truly moral and cultured.
- Character: Education develops characteristics in a person. Educational teachers work very hard to give their students a moral outlook.
- Literacy: Education makes people learn how to read and write. Literacy is equally important for children and adults.
- Inquisitiveness:Educated persons have infinite curiosity, the passion to learn, and getting things in a scientific mannerwith complete freedom.
- Sagacity:Educational institutions in democratic countries seriously try to provoke intellectual curiosity, satisfy the appetite for more knowledge, and develop cultural spirit that alone brings sagacity.
- Discipline: Discipline is also acquired through education. An educated person seeks truth and knowledge with open-minded discipline.
- Perfection: Educated men always look for perfection, and they perfect their bodies, intellects, and minds.
- Livelihood: Education enables a boy or girl to earn a living. There are chances that an educated person will get a good job with sufficient income to live his life, in other words, an educated person can easily fulfill basic needs of life.
- Adult Education: Education among adults is also necessary. An adult engaged in the economic activity can take night classes and educate himself.
The aim of education is to produce healthy and normal human beings who understand the meaning of life and what life demands from them. Students must be consistently reminded by educationists and psychologists that the basic law of life is co-operation and not domination or conflicts. If students become intellectual, then most of our troubles will come to an end, and it will make the lives of students much healthier, richer, and nobler than before.
Alina Olive is a creative writer, and she has experience of 6 years in the marketing field as a content writer. Most of her articles are about education, because she loves to guide students. Currently, she works in a company where students can order an Homework Assignment Help.