What is Entrecard?
Entrecard is a fantastic resource for those starting to blog and those who have been blogging a long time. “Entrecard is an advertising exchange network for bloggers which holds the promise of boosting blog traffic through the use of a simple widget which is published to your blog”.
By adding the Entrecard widget to your blog, you can publicize your blog on other members site using a credit system. This is a great system which allows you to build credits and spend them on other users blogs. Each Entrecard is valid for a 24 hour period allowing you to advertise in a number of places constantly removing the possibility of a low number of hits. Each time you or another user hits your site you gain Entrecard credits, which you can then use the buy credits in the shop or advertise on the more popular sites.
10 Tips for Success in EntreCard
1. Drop cards, As many as you can. It is a simple equation:
More cards you drop = Greater ExposureThe more cards you drop on other peoples blogs the more people will see your website and visit yours. I try and click on around 30 cards a day if not more, this gives me lots of website hits in return.
2. Advertise often. By dropping lots of Entrecards you will gain lots of credits to advertise with. The more sites you advertise with the more people will come to your website. I try to pick website with a common theme to mine, this ensures that the users are likely to read my blog and comment on posts, an important point here is ensuring that the blogs are active and popular, if this is not the case you are wasting your time advertising.
3. Widget Positioning is everything on Entrecard. People who cannot find your card will not click on it. I experiment putting the card in a number of locations. Personally I find putting the card at the bottom of the blog increases revenue as users have to scroll through all your blog content. Though some suggest you place the card at the top of the page. Why not leave me a comment telling me what works best for you?
4. Attractive ad = Attractive hits. In the community of Entrecard there is always card which you notice. Why is this? It is more than likely because they have a unique or different Entrecard. If you can make your card unique you will stand out from the crowd and people will notice you. I am currently experimenting with my Entrecard image and hope to give you the results in the coming weeks (it gives you something to look forward to).
5. Entrecard card users love reading about Entrecard. When blogging about Entrecard, you are not only giving your Entrecard profile exposure but you are stopping other Entrecard users to read your blog. The most important aspect of blogging is getting people to read your blog so write about Entrecard and your blog will grow in return.
6. Participate in the Forum. By introducing yourself to others it lets them know about you and your blog. It is also a great resource to get your first advertisements. A few posts each week build a great network and encourages participation. Everyone loves to let their thoughts heard, you are running a blog!
7. Watching Statistics. Find out who is dropping cards on you and return the favour, not only does this build friendships but it encourages others to visit your site regularly. By watching statistics you can also track how well specific ads are performing and make alterations based on this.
8. Entrecard mail to build links. If someone advertises on your blog or let’s you advertise on their blog, thank them! Not only does this make friends it also lets others know you are an active and willing participant within the Entrecard community.
9. Participate in Entrecard contests. Not only can the contests be fun it is also a great method of exposure. You should be aiming to give your blog maximum exposure with limited work. Contests allow for a good amount of exposure whilst dropping cards. You can also win a number of credits and other prizes.
10. Draw people in. If you are able to draw people in people will respond. Whilst using entrecard why not comment on peoples websites. Make sure you say you are a member of Entrecard and leave your website address. People are always willing to return the favour and see what your site has that theirs doesn’t. By commenting not only are you spreading the word of Entrecard but you are increasing the exposure of your own blog.